Pigs As Pets
Pigs as pets make a good pet for those who have a good knowledge of taking care of them. They are very intelligent animals which can be trained various tricks.
Before deciding on a pet pig by just seeing a cute video of a piglet is not enough. You must know the important things for owning a pet pig before bringing them home. You will be the responsible person for the pig until her death.
Features of Pigs as Pets
- Life span is 5 to 10 years and can be up to 25 depending on the breed
- Pigs are omnivores
- They need water two or three times a day
- Needs to be vaccinated
- Gets matured in 3 to 4 months
- Give birth to 12 or more piglets
- Can smell things 25 feet below ground
- Pigs grow too big. Even the miniature pig grows to 90 kg weight.
Tips before buying
- Is it allowed by your municipality for keeping them
- How much will the pig grow as an adult
- Be aware of the laws for owning the pig and taking care of the pig’s health
- Compatibility with other pets of the house
- They need good diet
- Access to veterinary clinic
- Will need to trip their tusk and hoof
- Transportation needs to be done very safely and carefully
- They are rarely potty trained
- Calculate the cost of feeding, bedding, vaccination, vet, grooming etc
- It is illegal to let off your pig in the wild
- Need a pile of blankets to nest
- Easily trained due to their intelligence
- They make different sound to communicate with humans
- They are cuddly and warm
- They are generally neat and Clean animals
- They are very social
- Manipulates things very easily which can be sometimes dangerous
- Bored pig can be very destructive
- They will root anything that can be easily rooted out
- They become stressed easily
- During summer they get heated up and will need some mud hole to cool them down.
- Needs environment to dig and discover
- May destroy toys and other things
- Dogs and pigs never go together, even after many days of togetherness
After Reading these if you are still a pig lover you are the best person for the pig. Enjoy your new pet with the most intelligence and be a good company for them for their life time.
You May Also Like These Pets